It’s 2019, and nobody has time to stick to a 6-month-long regime just to experience bowel relief. If you’re like me, you want bowel relief and you want it now.
But before we begin, this 3-step colon cleanse is NOT hydrotherapy, which is the process of sticking a tube in your colon and flushing out contents with water. If you’re unsure what hydrotherapy is like in person, watch the video below.
Instead, I’m going to show you the simpler way to cleanse, a way that is:
- Convenient and on your schedule
- Safe and natural
The 3-Step Colon Cleanse
If you don’t know about the benefits of colon cleansing yet, read the top 5 benefits.
Otherwise, let’s get started.
1. Immediately increase your daily water-intake.
In 1945, the U.S. Food and Nutrition Board recommended 2.5 liters (84.5 ounces) of water a day, but this recommendation isn’t necessarily evidence-based. While the U.S. Dietary Guidelines 2015-2020 do not set a recommendation, it is still wise to shoot for ~8 ounces a day of water.
Water is vital for your colon: in fact, dehydration is one of the commonest causes of constipation, which means drinking adequate water should be at the top of your list for fighting occasional constipation.
Not sure how to drink more water? Here’s a couple tips:
- Drink from larger water bottles, as your mind will still perceive it as “one bottle of water”--and you’ll drink more.
- Choose your favorite water temperature--whether it’s hot or cold. If you enjoy the temperature, you’ll likely drink more of it.
- Place the water near you, not in the kitchen or your backpack or purse. If it’s in view, it’s in you.
2. Replace the simple carbs with high-fiber foods.
Usually, this begins and ends with fiber. Individuals who consume high-fiber diets have lower levels of constipation.
You may think it’s hard to get fiber into your diet--but it’s actually really easy! Here’s a handy infographic about the top 5 fiber sources.
Not an image reader? These 5 simple-yet-delicious sources of fiber can be incorporated into your diet. They will help your digestive system prepare for that instant cleanse.
- Chia Seeds: 34.4%
- Popcorn: 14.5%
- Almonds: 12.5%
- Dark Chocolate: 10.9%
- Oats: 10.6%
(Just be careful with the chocolate! 🍫)
3. Get yourself a natural supplement.
Maybe you’re into hydrotherapy, or enemas, or the other colon cleansing methods, but we like a method that’s all-natural, non-invasive, and repeatable.
The only way to do this is to daily ingest those herbs that help cleanse your colon.
And the good news is that it’s so easy.
When choosing a colon cleansing supplement, you want to hit those needs: the top issues you may be struggling with that you can’t quite seem to fix.
Natural colon cleansing supplements can help you if…
- You feel heavy and bloated all the time.
- You have a hard time going to the bathroom.
- Your stools hurt (they are hard and make you push).
- Your bowel movements are infrequent or irregular.
- You’re looking for a quick cleanse, a body reset.
- You’ve tried everything else and nothing has worked.
- You believe in putting all-natural ingredients into your body.